Diary

I have my first real gallery showing tomorrow. This time my paintings will be offered for sale. It’s a smallish gallery, but you have to start somewhere, right? I’m nervous, not because I don’t think my work is really good, but that no one will be interested in buying it. Especially because they are priced so high. I’ve been selling my paintings since I was around 16, but this is a whole other league. The gallery owner says you have to think big, that the collectors you want to reach will just sniff at something that’s “priced like a paint by numbers thing” (her words). She says I should work hard at closing on just one piece, and that once I have a red sticker other buyers will take a closer look at my unsold paintings because someone else thought it was worth having. Time to get to the gallery for an all-nighter of prep work. I probably wouldn’t be able to sleep anyway. Think big $$$$.

Comments